Saturday, April 20, 2013

Petite Coffee Table, Exciting News and my Boston Experience


Hi Folks!!

First things first, the good news. Kirsten, from White Butterfly Furniture, and I recently began sharing a booth at  Carver Junk Company and we are having so much fun! Kirsten's blog was one of the first to inspire me when I started painting 2+ years ago, so I feel lucky that she recently moved to Minnesota. If you are in the are, Carver Junk Co is open the third weekend of each month...so stop by!

Second is a piece I finished several weeks ago, but just hadn't had the time to write about it. A petite coffee table that I picked up at the GW.






Cutie, huh? This one will be at Carver Junk Co. next month!

In other news, this has been a tough week. Back in January, I talked my husband into running the Boston Marathon with his sister for charity. How often does one have the chance to run THE premier marathon with a close family member? He chose Team in Training/Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in honor of my aunt. His sister, chose the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation as her husband's cousin suffers from CF. He put in the training during the brutal winter we've had. We planned a trip...the 2 of us and his parents to go to Boston in April.

His dad and I met saw them between mile 6-7 and then again at the top of Heartbreak Hill (mile 21) and he was doing great. We hopped in the car, planning to park in DT Boston in time to see him cross the finish. Due to traffic, we were delayed...I got a text that he had finished. He called and said he'd meet us where we were...2 blocks past the finish on Boylston. Wall to wall runners and family lined the streets, buses parked with runner's gear, me on my tip-toes watching for Mickey...when I saw, heard and felt bomb #1 went off.

The rest you've heard on the news. Mickey made it to us, we found his sister and we got out of the city. All ended well for us. For so many others, that was not the case. I felt slightly more at ease today after the suspect had been caught and I can only hope that the City of Boston will start to heal.

Before the Marathon


~Allison
DIY Show Off
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/buttons/#JLmloYX2XhriKKC3.99
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

11 comments:

Lynn Fern said...

So happy that you guys are safe & sound. I can't imagine how this will affect your life going forward...thankful you all got out of the city. That little table is super cute.

Unknown said...

Thank God you were able to get out of the city as quickly as possible - I've been haunted by this all week -
XXX
oh and that coffee table is gorgeous:)

Unknown said...

Thank God you were able to get out of the city as quickly as possible - I've been haunted by this all week -
XXX
oh and that coffee table is gorgeous:)

sheerserendipity said...

Thank goodness you and your family are safe and were able to leave the city.

Brandi said...

Hi Allison! So glad you and your family were safe. Congratulations to your husband and sister in law for finishing the race! Your new table looks great. I love the distressed edges. Wishing you many sales at your new booth. So fun that you get to share it with a blogging friend.

Cassie Bustamante said...

i am so so happy you and your family are safe.... thank goodness.
and i love that table- gorgeous color! and YAY on the space with kirsty!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Wow, so glad you all are okay! That must have been a very frightening experience! ... Great news about your new business venture! I know it will be wildly successful! ... And what a cute coffee table!

Carey said...

Lovely table. Thankful you and yours weren't injured...

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

I LOVE this!! I’d love it if you could link this up to our party, Give Me The Goods Monday! {1 party, 5 blogs}
http://www.somuchbetterwithage.com/2013/04/give-me-goods-party-5.html
Have a great week!
Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com
PS: I'm so glad your family is safe ;)

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you and your family are safe! I would love for you to share your pretty table with us at the Pretty Things party (live now)

xo, Tanya
http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/2013/04/pretty-things-link-party-17-and-party.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison!! Is your table still @ the Carver Junk Co or did it sell? Since my mom is in Chaska, I'd love for her to take a look at it and see if it might work for our living room...i'm looking for a more "petite" coffee table and love the color! And if it's sold...well, darn it!! :) Hope all is well in your life with boys...I can relate. :) Take care!