Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Quick Desk Redo: Gorgeous in Gray

Thank you for all of the comments about Zelo passing. It means a lot to me!!

I picked up this solid pine desk at Goodwill last week and was able to flip it around pretty quick. The top was in good condition for pine. Pine is a softer wood and dings/scratched more easily. But that also adds to the character.

I got this paint for free outside my local hardware recently. It was about 75% full and it's an awesome color gray.

I kept the hardware on the upper drawers and added rope pulls to the bottom 4 drawers.





I have a large buffet/dresser coming up later this week when the new hardware arrives!

~Allison

6 comments:

Jaime Costiglio said...

Love the combination of paint, stain and rope.

Cassie Bustamante said...

love those handles!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Love the color and those awesome rope pulls! They add a nice rustic feel!

Anonymous said...

Great idea for the handles! And I can't believe you got that color for free! Hopping over from MMSFFF. :)

Unknown said...

Love that colour!

Anonymous said...

The rope handles look great with the stained desktop, really clever! I'd love for you to share this at my link party. The very first one is this Friday, Jan 31st at FlyingC-DIY.com. Hope to see you there!