Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Glossy turned Primitive: Farmhouse Dresser Transformed

This can't be a "wow" transformation because I didn't take a before picture. I know.....I know.

I picked this up and it had been sprayed (and not well sprayed) in a high gloss white and beige. It was awful. A crime, really.

I was going to repaint it, but Carver Junk Company needed inventory quickly last weekend (because the sale was ROCKIN!). So I took my orbital sander to it, to remove the old finish and repaint it..and ended up LOVING the look! I sanded off all of the paint on top and stained it and then used dark wax on the drawers to give it an even more primitive look.





Perfectly primitive! Someone liked it because it went home the next day!

~Allison

2 comments:

Kirby Carespodi said...

This look sells really well for me, too. Have done one in pale gray and one in peacock.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully distressed! Very nicely done!