Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Rockin!

I know...cheesy title. But I'm out of cute ideas and, this week, don't have time to over think things. Man, is this week killing anyone else as far as the "to-do" list growing and growing? Aaand, I might have accepted a large armoire from a client on Saturday that "needs to be done before Christmas". What was I thinking?

Anyway, on to the rocking chair. I am working with a photographer who's just starting out and is looking for props. She is always looking for kid's chairs...and I ran into this one for $4.99 at Savers. She was in rough shape (see the stain where someone had been sitting?), but very sturdy!



I cleaned it up and painted it with Aura White Dove ($2 in the mistint bin!! Score!). I kind of dry brushed it because she wanted it very "worn". I dropped it off yesterday to one very happy photographer!

That's my model...my 3rd son. Disregard the messy shirt and oatmeal in the hair.



~Allison





Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

9 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

allison, that chair rocks! ;) it really is adorable- i think white was the perfect choice, keeping it nice and sweet.

Tara Lauren said...

The white is perfect! I have a rocking chair waiting for paint in my garage and I am going with white also! I am also planning on stencilling the name on the top and then distressing that also!

**Become a follower of my blog for a chance at a $25.00 GC to Anthropologie! Only 28 more entries allowed :)

Chrissie said...

I love the rocking chair. White was the perfect choice!

Anonymous said...

What a darling chair and adorable model! I love the distressed white on furniture. It always looks fresh even with oatmeal in your hair :)Nice work!

Merry Christmas!
~Michelle

Jenn said...

I loved the distressed finish (and oatmeal in the hair makes for a relaxed photo shoot :))

Anonymous said...

Love the color and painting technique. Perfect for a girl or a boy for the photos. No wonder your client loved it!

Serendipity Chic Design said...

This chair looks like a photographer's dream...Great job!!

Take care,
Lisa

daphne sy said...

Don't worry bout the oatmeal and the messy shirt because he still look cute lol. .pretty young chair:)

carpet cleaning roseville ca

Tonya @ Love of Family And Home said...

What an adorable little rocker! I am new to your site...just caught a link from a comment you left on my blog! Your site is great! Love all of your paint make-overs! I just did a round pedestal table a lot like yours in white to match my buffet you were drooling over! Lol! Nice to meet you! Thanks for the comment!