Sunday, January 22, 2012

Vintage Name Banner for my Boys

Oooooh doggie...this winter is getting long. With three boys 6 and under cooped up all day...things are bound to get crazy.

I'd had enough today, so after wrestle-mania in the basement, my ears couldn't take it any longer. So they did wrestle-mania in the snow.
Photobucket

I was raised with sisters only, so all of this "gotta move every minute of the day" stuff is very new to me. But they did stand still for a minute to look cute.
Photobucket

I was sick this weekend, so no major projects got finished, but I did manage to make these banners for over the boys' beds. I've had this idea for awhile, but there was alwayse some big furniture piece taking up time. They share a room and I'm just putting some finishing touches on the room before revealing all of the thrifted wonderfulness here on Fab Rehab.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I know...it's messy, but there are few times in life that it isn't messy so I'm keepin' it real here!
Photobucket

As for the banners, I obviously need a sharper scissors...goodness my hand almost fell off. Of course, I needed to name my children long names, so that doesn't help. They aren't perfect, but I'm relatively happy with them. Enjoy!

~Allison

Linking here

Keeping It Simple





shabby creek cottage
Photobucket

11 comments:

Full Circle Creations said...

Love the banners. I had a brother that always needed to move and I was a tomboy so I went with him...everywhere! Hope you're feeling better!

Holly

Anonymous said...

The banners turned out great. What a fun project. Thanks for sharing!

Emreen said...

Love the banners... The boys' room looks bold and masculine ;-) ... Love the framed pics and the oar on the wall...!!

Okio B Designs said...

Your boys are adorable! I have two myself and I would love to make these for them. They are obsessed with their names. Coming over from Transformation Thursday and your newest follower!

Jeanine

Danielle said...

These are so cute! I'm visiting from French Country Cottage.

Ruth said...

Your boys are so cute. Great idea to send them out to use up all the extra energy. The banners are adorable.
Ruth

chateau chic said...

Love the banners you made. Your boys' room looks like a lot of fun goes on in there!
Your newest follower, Mary Alice

raggygirlvintage said...

They are perfect and full of character and something your boys will one day remember!
Tracey

Seaweed and Raine said...

Brillient job on the banners! I love bunting, and I think yours are rather inspired. The rustic edges make it even more masculine - and right up my ally! Well done. :)

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

I think they are darling- I love them. Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

The Midwest Cottage said...

I am loving the dark navy with the pine trim. I have a lot of this trim in my house. I'd love to see what your kitchen looks like...do you have this trim everywhere?