Friday, October 5, 2012

Dining Room Makeover Reveal

Hello Strangers! Thank you so much for hanging in with me the past few weeks! With school starting and having surgery, it's been slow going in the furniture biz!

My dining room makeover started about 6 months ago. And it's been done for 2 months, but of course I just took pictures this week. I don't have any true before pictures of my previous dining room, but these pictures give you an idea. Pretty blah and boring...and not calming at all.

This is my uncle with my older 2 boys about 20 months ago. Photobucket Photobucket
This is the huge hutch that took up 1/3 of the room
Photobucket
Photobucket

First thing we did was paint the room. The yellow was pretty hideous. Yellow rooms certainly have their place, but it was not right in this room. Second, I was over the matchy furniture and I was VERY over the huge hutch. I put it on Craigs List along with the 4 side chairs. The chairs sold almost immediately. The buffet was a wanted item...but the top/hutch not so much. So I ended up selling the buffet to one person and giving away the top of the hutch. Darn thing was so heavy that I was glad to be rid of it.

I ordered 4 of these chairs to mix up the matchy furniture...on clearance at target.com!
  Photobucket

I also got my parents old buffet to replace the beast...you can see that post here.

Before I get too wordy, here is the reveal!

From our entry: Photobucket From the kitchen: Photobucket Recovered in the most beautiful fabric EVER...in my opinion! Photobucket The extra fabric was made into a table runner Photobucket Drapes made from clearanced Target tablecloths...LOVE them! Photobucket Bringing it all together Photobucket
 Final view Photobucket I'll do a cost breakdown in an upcoming entry! ~Allison
I Heart Nap Time
DIY Show Off

9 comments:

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

What a transformation! I love the unmatchyness (now there's a word!) of it all and that buffet is stunning.

I Play Outside The Box said...

Fabulous...looks so inviting now.

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

What a beautiful room! I love love love the buffet!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Beautiful and sophisticated! And without that huge butch, it looks very open and spacious too!

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks lovely and warm- love the curtains! and i agree with sharon- feels much more open!

preissless said...

The room looks so spacious now! Well done!

Ivy & Co said...

where are the curtains from? love it!

Unknown said...

Hi there! I’m going to start hosting a weekly blog hop on Sundays on my blog, WTFab. I’m looking for 4 co-hosts each week, starting October 14th and was wondering if you’d be interested! It’ll be a fun way to gain more followers and make new blog friends. If you want to be a co-host, you can email me at: whatthefab@gmail.com

Brandi said...

Love the changes you made to the room. So smart to use a tablecloth for curtains.