Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Country Blue Cabinet

My excitement got the best of me and I have no before photo again...but the after should make up for it.


I mixed up my own color of dark turquoise in a DIY chalk paint concoction. I have to admit, this saves me a ton of time because I don't have to sand and usually only need 2 coats. I love chalk paint if I'm going for a distressed finish!! Plus, the recipe I use here makes SO much, that I really could cut the recipe in half and have plenty left over.

This sweet cabinet has a plank top that I sanded down to the wood and used Minwax water based stain in Walnut. I then waxed the top to seal it.




Here's an exhibit of my recent craft fail..the JOY sign. My 7 year old can do better bubble letters than I can and my mistletoe looks like a green reindeer with red testicles. Sorry if that's TMI....but if you look closely, it's true. ;)


But the cabinet turned out cute! This will also be at the Carver Junk Company this weekend!


~Allison
Primitive and Proper


Photobucket
Liz Marie Blog
DIY Show Off

10 comments:

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

Kinda lovin' that blue color! I like the contrast with the natural wood top as well...gonna check out your paint recipe now.

Cassie Bustamante said...

love that blue~ it;s like a moody turquoise! and of course the dark top and those legs.... beauty-full!

LJ said...

What a pretty cabinet! I'm cracking up at your description of the mistletoe on your joy sign. I was arranging some ornaments on my mantel and grouping them in threes and had the same thought. I added a fourth one to the cluster just to get rid of that thought, but now I'm looking at them as I type this and laughing again. :) Thanks for stopping my blog earlier and your kind comment. Sharon

Courtney said...

beautiful!! love, love chalk paint to for that ease of use and perfect for distressing :)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Love those cute lttle legs and blue was the perfect choice!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Stopping by from the WOW party to see your cabinet. I really like how it turned out. I'm also still laughing about the Joy sign!

ANNE said...

Can you pls email me with your base paint colour??? That is exactly the paint colour I'm looking for!

LOVE this xox

michele said...

the distressing is perfect.

hope you'll have a moment to stop by, and i'm hosting a giveaway as well today:
http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

peace to you.

michele

Joselyn said...

Like the two toned finish. Thinking of doing something similar on a dresser I just finished stripping.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this wash stand its adorable! Love the color and the top stain! I would love if you would share this at my blog hop! http://www.ablossominglife.com/2012/12/frugal-crafty-home-hop-2.html