Friday, November 26, 2010

All for Nothing

I had SUCH high hopes for these little beauties.


I shouldn't even tell you what I bought them for...but I have to b/c I love telling stories of how cheap I get stuff. Especially when they are THIS cheap. I stopped by a garage sale...it was the last day, and there they sat. On one edge, you could tell someone had taken several nibbles on the table...amazingly, the dog lived through it b/c he was at the sale greeting me. Anyway, the tag on one of them said "$15 for the pair". I thought that was pretty good, but asked the gal "Would you take less for these?". Before I even finished the sentence, she says "Yes...take them both for $5!!". I didn't hesitate and loaded them in the car. What she didn't know is that I would've taken them for $15....but you never know until you ask, right?

After a few coats of primer and white paint, a little glaze and shining up the hardware (isn't it FUN??) in white vinegar, here's how they turned out.


My hope was to put them in my bedroom to break up the matching dark furniture we have in there. Unfortunately, when I put them next to our bed, both the husband and I agreed they just don't work *tears*. So, Craigslist it is. What do you think I should sell them for? I think I sell things too cheap sometimes...so I'd love some feedback!

~Allison

Linking up!

Photobucket



9 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

since you have a pair and people love that, i would ask $65 per table, and then offer $110 for both. or if prices are lower where you are something along those lines... they look great. too bad they didn't work- i know that awful feeling!

Brandi said...

I agree with Cassie! Sorry it didn't work as planned though. They still look beautiful!

Jenn said...

Hi Allison!
The tables came out great! If they are solid wood and have dovetail joints in the drawers that definitely counts for pricing on the higher end. Have a great night :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice job! Too bad you can't use them...
Do you know FineDiving blog? You might like it...I'm doing a review of her new e-book(all about shabby chic rehab) later this week, so stay tuned.

foreverdecorating said...

A great save and I am sure they will look great in your space. Thanks for sharing. Terry

Chrissie said...

What beautiful tables! you did a great transformation, I love that deal too!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I just love those little french style tables!! I really like what you did with them! I painted a french dresser like those for my bedroom!

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

OMG, 5 bucks? You go girl! Too bad they didn't work out, but at least you can make some Christmas money!

mary said...

Stop it! I just found your blog and these redo's are my favorite! keep 'em goin! I will follow ya!