Thursday, February 10, 2011

Water Based Stain...who's tried using it?

So my dilemma with glazing has not been solved. I posted below that, while I *heart* glazing with walnut stain, I do so much of it that it just can't be good for my lungs. Breathing in those fumes 4 nights/week in a heated garage (it's Minnesota...no, I can't just open the door and ventilate...it's 2 degrees today *tears*) isn't what I should be doing.

So yesterday, I tried working with Behr glaze tinted with a little walnut stain. I really didn't like working with it...it was too slippery...or something. It wiped off weird for me, etc.

So today, I learned that Minwax has some water based stains. I'd love to run right over to Home Depot and buy some, but the hubs is headed out tonight and you better believe I'm not dragging 3 boys 5 and under to HD.

If you've tried working with the water based stain, lemme know what you think! :)
~Allison

2 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i haven't used minwax's but i use cabot's all the time. i love them! they dry superfast so you have to work really fast, but i like the look.

Tammy said...

i hate them, they dry too fast, my table still turned out good, but i think it would have used and oil base. you get more time to work with them, less room for error.