Saturday, November 17, 2012

Multi-Purpose Nightstand

I've been on a self-imposed slow down over the past month or so. It feels as though my mind is fried at the end of the day, and that I have nothing left to give to furniture redo's. It makes me sad at times, but I think it's just, responsibilities, dogs, volunteering, etc.

But when I find a pieces like this, my heart still skips a beat. I picked this up for $5.00 from a woman who does what I do, but who needed room to park in her a garage for the winter. You'd never know it, but it came with a front leg that had been broken off.

But my father-in-law literally built a new leg....aside from the color of the wood, you'd never know! Love him!

How's this for a redo?

But it gets better!!

This little beauty doubles as a desk or vanity! Perfect for a small apartment where dual purpose furniture is a necessity!

Hope you enjoyed this one! I've certainly missed blogging lately!


DIY Show Off
Mod Vintage Life
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Home Stories A2Z
Primitive and Proper
The Shabby Nest


Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a sweet little piece - so unique and pretty! And life does have a way of getting in the way of blogging sometimes!

Tami Michel said...

I LOVE it! wow it's amazing what a little paint and creativity can do. Well done!
Tami @ Curb Alert!

Scrap4Therapy said...

Awesome piece and job bringing it back to life!

srpprcrftr said...

Oh yeah, that piece is a keeper. Love how you refab-ed it. Perfect. As soon as I noticed it had a flip up top on it I figured it was for a little desk also. How handy for somebody in a small place. I am loving that piece.
Are you keeping it or selling? Wish I was close as I'd buy it in a heart beat. Nice also that it has a few drawers for storage. I'd love that in my bedroom for all my books, hankys, allergy & asthma meds I have to keep handy.
Missed your posts but sure understand, good to take a break. Good for you. Happy Thanksgiving

Susan D said...

I love it! What color did you use? It looks like milk paint.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

one of my favorites! i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

That turned out absolutely gorgeous. I want it. :) Megan

On Crooked Creek said...

WoW! What a unique piece and so versitle!!! I'm mentally preparing to do a make~ove on a maple piece that belonged to my have certainly given me inspiration with this post!
P.S. Visiting from Susan's MM!!!

Michele Alger said...

I absolutely love the finish! It turned out beautiful!!

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Such a cute, unique piece. Love what you did with it.

Jessica Kennedy said...

I love this!! Could your pretty please share the color you used? I need to buy some or make some. Thanks.

Restore and Renew said...

Gorgeous piece

Elizabeth Nott said...

It looks gorgeous! You have done such a great job :)

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

What a neat piece! Great job on resurrection!