Thursday, May 26, 2011

Missing in Action

This house has been B-U-S-Y this week. I'm just sitting down to catch my breath! I've been painting a large, white armoire while having a sick kid. He's had a 104 fever for 3 days (thank you Roseola!) followed by a double ear infection. Round 2 of ear tubes is scheduled for July...thank goodness!

And then there's this:
Photobucket
My oldest graduated from preschool today *sob*

I sometimes let the projects that I want to finish for myself take a back seat to projects for others. In the last month, I've finished a few projects for myself...and that makes me happy!

Remember my grandpa's desk that I did here? Well, I finally had some nice enough weather to get out the spray paint. In my opinion, the only way to paint chairs is with a good ole' can of spray paint. In this case, Rustoleum Heirloom White.

I tried to find a different chair that would work....but the opening for the desk is so small, that this was the only one that worked. Here is a before of the chair. You'll have to imagine the seat cover because it was too hideous to show. Seriously. My mother, bless her heart, tried to cute up a room years ago and recovered it with an old pillow case that, at the time, may have looked nice. It burned my eyes to look at it and I wanted to save you all from that pain.
Photobucket

And the After
Photobucket

It now sits with the desk up in our "currently being redone" guestroom. I just ordered the duvet cover for that room and am SO excited for the reveal to come!

The last thing is the banner I made for our front door. I'm possibly the last DIYer in blogland to do this, but I love it anyway :)

Photobucket

That'll have to tide you over for now...I've got a super french table in the works! Stay tuned!

~Allison

Linking up at these parties!
Furniture Feature Fridays
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
UndertheTableandDreamingCherished Treasures”= Photobucket

13 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful redo! Way to bring a very special piece some new life.

I just made some curtains out of that same fabric! Also used heirloom white in the room... Great minds? ;)

Sorry about your baby's tubes. My 1yo is getting over his 3rd or 4th ear infection now. It's the pits!

I'd love to follow you but the follow widget isn't showing up...so I'll be back and try again another time!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the idea of putting a banner on your door! it looks so welcoming!

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

cute chair... cute bunting... cute kid! : )

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

HOpe your little one is feeling better! Adorable gradulate, too! Can't wait to see the french table!

Unknown said...

Allison- thanks for coming by yesterday and leaving a sweet comment about my buffet makeover. I really love the chair fabric and the white. You did a great job. :) And the cute pennant/bunting banner you made is lovely.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Love your pennant banner. It's delightful on your door!

Michelle said...

what a super cute idea! following you from I heart nap time ;)

--Michelle

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

That chair is so adorable! Sorry about your sick little guy, that no fun at all! And the graduations keep rolling along faster than you can imagine! Happy Weekend!

Anonymous said...

I really like this chair, and have been searching for some chair-inspiration for my office redo! Thanks, came by from flamingo toes:)

Raggedy Kingdom said...

I have the link right after yours and just stopped by to say hi.
Sheila @ Raggedykingdom.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

It looks great!I have a chair to paint as well. I have recovered the cushion, so now on to the paint. I'm going to use the same Heirloom White! It's a classic!

Terry said...

I always love a painted chair and yours looks so new and fresh! Thanks for linking up, please come back again!

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Great job and great makeover! Thank you so much for linking this up with {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
I hope to see you again tomorrow!
xoxo,
Vanessa