I've had this bench around for a few months and was uninspired until last night. It was a GW find and let's just say it was under $5.
I just wanted something quick and easy. And I wanted to finish something for that feeling of accomplishment us DIYer's long for. I honestly didn't care if it even turned out well...I just wanted to try something new.
So I grabbed some of my Scotch Blue Edge Lock tape, some DecoArt paint and a few other sample sized jars I had on hand. I randomly taped up the bench...no measuring because I wasn't in the mood for perfect.
Each stripe got 2 coats and I didn't even let it dry before taking the tape off. I distressed lightly and didn't expect to love it as much as I do.
Needless to say, my mood greatly improved after the tape came off. And it even goes well in the boys' nautical themed room!
I cannot tell you how easy this project was...I hope in inspires you to finish something this weekend!