Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cabinet for a Silent Auction

About a month ago, I signed up to participate in 2 different silent auctions...one for the preschool we attend and one for the elementary school that my oldest attends. I figured that finding pieces to paint for the auctions would be a breeze. It was not. I searched high and low on Craig for a student desk that was solid wood, in decent condition and under $50 (oh, and within a reasonable distance from my house). I didn't find one. But I did find this last week at Goodwill.

A solid maple cabinet that looked like a bathroom vanity. But oh so much potential!!

Photobucket

I wanted it to be appealing to a wide variety of people, so I went with a distressed black.

Photobucket

I've been hoarding these pulls for ages, so I thought they'd look nice on this piece!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This could be a nightstand, media cabinet, storage for a playroom or bathroom, or an entry table. I hope someone bids on it and takes it home at the end of the month!

~Allison

Hanging at these parties


DIY Show Off


TDC Before and After










Beyond The Picket Fence
Photobucket
Furniture Feature Fridays
The Shabby Nest

17 comments:

Stacey said...

Very cute Allison! Let the bidding begin!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

I'd totally bid on it. :)

Olga@Stardust-Decor&Style said...

So much better now! love it!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Doesn't even look like the same piece! And oh those little flower knobs are sweet!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

those knobs are perfect! i love it, allison! i would bid, too.

driftwoodesign said...

So much fun getting involved in charity auctions especially sharing our passion to repurpose.
Keep up the good work.
Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

Decor & Harmony @ 4290 said...

Allison, you've done it again I love the color and the knobs too! You just may have a bidding war on your hands.

Sass - aka - Kathy said...

Very pretty! Please come share at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/04/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-18.html

Jed and Ivy said...

I LOVE those knobs!! Are those from Urban Outfitters? I've seen them online for so long, but seeing them on an actual piece makes them look awesome!!!

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

Those knobs are pretty! Great job Allison!

Patti said...

Great makeover! Love the color and those knobs just finish it off so nicely

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Nice and love those knobs! I have the same ones I scored at Home Goods a while back.

Deny said...

I love the piece and the knobs! I used them for one of the pieces I painted as well! It looks amazing, great job!

Deny said...

I love the piece and the knobs! I used them for one of the pieces I painted as well! It looks amazing, great job!

Lori said...

Love how it turned out...perfect. I'm so glad I found your blog via the DIY party and I am now following so we can stay connected. I would love if you stopped by and follow too. Lori

Betsy @ Anna Nimmity said...

A+! Love this!

gail said...

Very versatile piece! Love the makeover you gave it. Those pulls are fun! :)
gail
thanks for sharing at catch as catch can.