Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cabinet for a Silent Auction

About a month ago, I signed up to participate in 2 different silent auctions...one for the preschool we attend and one for the elementary school that my oldest attends. I figured that finding pieces to paint for the auctions would be a breeze. It was not. I searched high and low on Craig for a student desk that was solid wood, in decent condition and under $50 (oh, and within a reasonable distance from my house). I didn't find one. But I did find this last week at Goodwill.

A solid maple cabinet that looked like a bathroom vanity. But oh so much potential!!

Photobucket

I wanted it to be appealing to a wide variety of people, so I went with a distressed black.

Photobucket

I've been hoarding these pulls for ages, so I thought they'd look nice on this piece!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This could be a nightstand, media cabinet, storage for a playroom or bathroom, or an entry table. I hope someone bids on it and takes it home at the end of the month!

~Allison

Hanging at these parties


DIY Show Off


TDC Before and After










Beyond The Picket Fence
Photobucket
Furniture Feature Fridays
The Shabby Nest

17 comments:

Stacey said...

Very cute Allison! Let the bidding begin!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

I'd totally bid on it. :)

STARDUST said...

So much better now! love it!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Doesn't even look like the same piece! And oh those little flower knobs are sweet!

Cassie Bustamante said...

those knobs are perfect! i love it, allison! i would bid, too.

driftwoodesign said...

So much fun getting involved in charity auctions especially sharing our passion to repurpose.
Keep up the good work.
Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

Decor & Harmony said...

Allison, you've done it again I love the color and the knobs too! You just may have a bidding war on your hands.

Sass - aka - Kathy said...

Very pretty! Please come share at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/04/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-18.html

Ivy & Co said...

I LOVE those knobs!! Are those from Urban Outfitters? I've seen them online for so long, but seeing them on an actual piece makes them look awesome!!!

Andi said...

Those knobs are pretty! Great job Allison!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Great makeover! Love the color and those knobs just finish it off so nicely

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Nice and love those knobs! I have the same ones I scored at Home Goods a while back.

Denise said...

I love the piece and the knobs! I used them for one of the pieces I painted as well! It looks amazing, great job!

Denise said...

I love the piece and the knobs! I used them for one of the pieces I painted as well! It looks amazing, great job!

Lori said...

Love how it turned out...perfect. I'm so glad I found your blog via the DIY party and I am now following so we can stay connected. I would love if you stopped by and follow too. Lori

Betsy @ Anna Nimmity said...

A+! Love this!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Very versatile piece! Love the makeover you gave it. Those pulls are fun! :)
gail
thanks for sharing at catch as catch can.