Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Knock Off Restoration Hardware Candlesticks

I didn't mean to make these a knock off, but as soon as I finished them, I thought "these look like something that would be at Restoration Hardware". I wandered over to their site and found these:

Photobucket
Florentine Carved Wood Candlesticks

I think my version is pretty close!
Photobucket

These were a basic wood finish fresh from the thrift shop shelves. But with some white paint and furniture wax, I transformed them into this:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I thought these would go to Shayne's shop, but I think I'm keeping them!

~Allison

Linking here







shabby creek cottage
Photobucket




HookingupwithHoH

The Shabby Nest

DIY Show Off Project Parade

13 comments:

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

I would totally keep them! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE'EM!!!

DIYbyDesign said...

Those are awesome. I would totally keep them. Hope you will link them up to my party that opens at 8pm EST tonight.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Love the pretty patina you achieved Allison!

shayne said...

keep them...

shayne said...

you deserve to keep some of the fabulous for yourself! believe me...i LOVE them! pb has nothing on you!

Unknown said...

They are lovely and the finish is so pretty.

Vicky said...

They are gorgeous. Something else for me to pin on my DIY beauty board. YOu are so talented.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love these, ain't no telling how much money you saved! Very nice transformation! I would like to invite you to share this at my cheap finds and transformations party, everyone loves a good knock off right? Here's the link if you're interested, enjoy this beautiful Saturday! http://www.thescottscrib.com/2012/03/lathriftas-cheap-finds-and_16.html

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

They look great Allison. I have a similar pair. To keep or not to keep, that is the question. I say keep em.

Christina said...

I love them...the finishing you did on the paint is perfect! :)

Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

frugal-interior-design said...

Saw your blog's name and "design mission" and had to join as a fellow "repurposer" and "upcycler". Great job on your R.H. knock-offs!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Thank you for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

Lindsay Jade said...

Love them & your blog! Would you mind sharing the paint/wax you used? Im trying to get a simlar look for my daughters table. Cheers!