Monday, March 26, 2012

Framed Ampersand

I think this is the simplest project I've done so far. I've had this ampersand in my stash just waiting to be loved for about a year. Shayne sent me a picture of an ampersand in a rustic frame recently and I loved the idea, but the right frame had to come along. And it came along the next week at her shop. Shayne has an amazing stash of goods in her basement that she's collected..thrifty finds just waiting to be repurposed. She showed me this frame last week and it's old. I'm not even sure it was originally a frame.

Photobucket

I gold leafed and waxed the ampersand, used a little Gorilla Glue, and here's the finished product:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And on my mantel
Photobucket

Simple. Rustic. Love.

~Allison

Linking up





Craft & Tell






Photobucket


The Shabby Nest
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

17 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Very cute Allison! And I just happen to love the ampersand! It's the coolest symbol!

Anonymous said...

I *heart* this! Must find me an ampersand :)

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

Absolutely. Super. Cute. Love it Allison!

Cassie Bustamante said...

it looks adorable! i love the ampersand in gold leaf!

Andi said...

i love everything about this!

Decor & Harmony said...

It's a cutie Allison!

thistlewoodfarm said...

What an awesome idea! Thanks so much for the inspriation!
I'd love it if you would link this up to our "It's a Cinch" party!

I'm pinning it!

blessings,
karianne

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Rustic. Simple. Easy. Peasy.

I fixed your link-up at "It's a Cinch" -- the thumbnail didn't show. Hope you're okay with the one I selected.

Thanks so much for linking it up ...

:)
Linda
www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

My Dream Canvas said...

This looks great! I would love for you to drop by My Dream Canvas as well :-) I’m visiting from Wow Us Wednesdays. Really like your blog.

Robin Johnson said...

I love quick and easy projects. Yours looks amazing.

Lynn B said...

Love the sign, I am your newest follower! Hugs, Lynn

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

Gorgeous! Looks perfect on your mantle!

Janet said...

Very nice! I love a good makeover project. :)

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

I love this in all of it's cinchy ampersand fabulousness. Thanks so much for sharing this at our party!
Karah

Amanda said...

So simple and yet so cute! I just me a nice ampersand.

Eclectically Vintage said...

Simple is the best! Love the graphic punch!

So glad you joined our Cinch party.

New Linky follower.
Kelly

Sarah L. said...

Love this!!!

I would love for you to share this at my Flaunt It Friday link party. There are also TWO amazing giveaways this week! It closes Sunday at midnight.

http://www.dottedlinecrafts.com/2012/03/flaunt-it-friday.html

Looking forward to more posts,
Sarah@
www.dottedlinecrafts.com