Monday, July 30, 2012

A Cottage Chair and Matching Striped Chests

Sorry about my being missing in action here lately. The hubs had a golf tournament last week and it has been forever since I got a chunk of time out in the garage. It sounds like a smart idea to have the kids use their scooters, chalk, etc out on the driveway while I work in the garage, but my 3 and 5 year old have zero ability to get along for more than 3 minutes...and three minute increments when painting furniture doesn't work.

So, aside from me having no "before" pictures of these, I think they turned out well. LOL!

These matching chests came to me painted white, but badly abused...think tape, crayon, marker and lots of dirt. I cleaned them up, sanded them down and taped off 4 inch stripes. Using dark gray for the stripes and Jacobean stain as glaze, they now look like this:

DSC_2864-2

DSC_2867-3

And here is a cute little chair I recently picked up. It was a cherry color with a vinyl seat. But now it looks like this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope these make up for my absence...I've got some fun makeovers coming up, so stick with me!

~Allison


Primitive and Proper







{Primp}

Photobucket

The Shabby Nest

Furniture Feature Fridays


I Heart Nap Time

DIY Show Off

16 comments:

ANNE said...

love both projects! Great job!!

Amy Sarah said...

Lovely! Thanks for the ideas!

Chrissie said...

Great work! Love the stripes. All the cool girls are using stripes lately hehehe

Cassie Bustamante said...

chrissie is right- all the cool girls are doing stripes. guess i ned to get my stripe on.... they look awesome!

Anonymous said...

They all look great, but I really love the chair! Such bright and cheery colours :)

Decor & Harmony said...

Allison, you are so talented :) I bet you probably have blue tape stuck in your hair (you better go check in the mirror) LOL!!

I need to find the perfect project to stripe!

Anonymous said...

As always - beautiful!

TRICIA said...

Love the stripes on the benches and the fabric on the seat of the chair!

Stopping by from Ginger Snap!

http://makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com/

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Love the stripes Allison! And the color combination on the chair is sooo pretty!

Stacey@Rendition Road said...

Those chests are amazing! I love the stripes & the glazing. The style & colors are so versatile they could be used just about anywhere. Such a great makeover!

Adorned From Above said...

I love this chair. I have a link party, and I would love it if you would link this post. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. You can find it at

http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/natural-translucent-face-powder-update.html

I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Katie said...

gorgeous job on the chair!!!

annies home said...

awesome look love the stripes
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

annies home said...

awesome look love the stripes
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Love the striped chests. Cassie's comment jumped out at me as I was scrolling...I guess i should get my stripes on too. lol
gail

Betsy @ Anna Nimmity said...

The stripes look great. I love the chair, too!