Monday, November 7, 2011

Table with Gold Leaf Accents

I've never gold leafed before...so you experts can tell me how I did my first time around.

My best client, Shayne brought me this table. Same old story...great bones, but needed updating.
Photobucket

She wanted it white with gold leafing and distressed. So I gave it my best shot!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I used the Krylon gold leafing pen and I think it would be easier to use gold paint on a piece like this. The Krylon pen is great, but for smaller projects.

So how'd I do? Be honest...can't improve without constructive criticism ;)

~Allison

Linking to these parties!








Photobucket

Domestically Speaking

shabby creek cottage

8 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

ooh i love the gold accents! so pretty!

SkinnyMeg said...

I think the gold accent looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

It look very elegant - well done!

Kirsten Harr said...

That looks great. I love your color choice!

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

Looks awesome! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link up to my party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/11/anything-goes-linky-party.html. Thanks for sharing!

Decor & Harmony said...

A+
Excellent
Great restyle I'm not surprised at all....your work is amazing have you tried Rub 'N Buff yet?

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

What a cute little table! Great Job ;)

Anonymous said...

That looks fantastic! It looks so elegant now. Terrific job :)