I did this project last year before I even started blogging. I saw them as I was backing out of my driveway yesterday and thought "I should share those!".
There are no before pictures, but we've all seen cedar planters, right? Just a basic box with a hole on top to set the plant. Well now imagine massive cobwebs and dirt all over them. But I got them for $1 each, so I couldn't complain.
I gave them a good cleaning and painted them black with a few good coats of poly because they would be outside.
I then hopped over to Home Depot to get some wood. My handy father-in-law (Hi Bill!) cut 2 matching boards to serve as seats. He cut them about 1/2 inch smaller on each side. I covered them with batting and outdoor fabric, and now we have some more seating options when we have outdoor playdates!
You can probably see a little dirt on the bottom. I cleaned them up as well as I could, but they've been outside nearly 1 year. They're nothing fancy, but a nice change of pace from the plastic chairs we had before.
Best of all, the fabric can be changed when I'm tired of it!
Sharing at these parties!